Sunday, August 12, 2007

After a week of no activity on the pool, the masons have arrived. Each stone is hand cut and placed around the ledge of the pool in a mosaic pattern. Progress is slow and labor-intensive. Georgia is not only experiencing a 100 year drought, but we are breaking temperature records. The masons work tirelessly in the hot summer sun with temps flirting around the 100 degree mark. As for me, I am grateful for the comfort of air-conditioning. I put the finishing touches of "shade-grown" paint on the wainscotting in the mud room. The painter comes Monday to work on the ceilings where I can't reach. Cabinets for my hobby room are due to arrive Tuesday with installation to occur later in the week. Fabrics for window treatments have been sent to the seamstress and wallpaper has been ordered. Our new Thomasville furniture for the kitchen dinette and keeping room areas should arrive within the next two weeks. There is a buzz of activity inside and out. Stay tuned for before/after pictures to see the progress...




2 comments:

Judyann said...

Hi Debra,

Looks and sounds like the house is coming along very nicely. Can't wait to do our scrap weekend and see all the work you've done. The house looks gorgeous.

Judy

GENCO BLOG CENTRAL said...

On the pond thing....I have decided that my next career will not be as a stone mason. Talk about slow, arduous work. First you pick the right stone, then you draw lines on it that roughly follow the grain where possible, then you cut it, then you smooth it, then you fit it and trim it. Then you cement it in just right. This is ROCK, my friends. These guys have a real talent....and more patience than I have for sure!