Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

If you're a mother, I hope you had a memorable Mother's Day. If you're not a mother, I hope you remembered that special someone in your life who exemplifies the embodiment of motherhood. My Mother's Day was exceptional, beginning with presents from my loving husband and fur children, to a surprise floral bouquet from my step-daughter Kelly and her family, and dinner from my daughter Jamie. Upon waking in the morning, Pete took me by surprise by a display of photographic equipment, with the main event being a shiny new Nikon D300. Woo hoo! I'm excited to give it a try as soon as I program all the settings. In the meantime, I still enjoy my first love (not to be confused with my everlasting love, Pete) - my beloved Nikon D200. Check out the latest nature photos I took yesterday and today by clicking here. Included in the nature photos are shots of the floral bouquet that the Engstroms sent to me for Mother's Day. Enjoy the delicious eye candy!

6 comments:

Jamie Payne said...

Beautiful pictures...as usual. You're already carrying a backpack for your camera equipment that is so large it would never pass through security at the airport. How are you going to manage both the D200 and D300? Dont' worry, to take the strain off your back, I can "hold" the D200 for you:)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Hahahahahah...hohohoho...heeheehee.

Oh, stop! Really...I can't breathe! Oh my...I really needed a good belly laugh! Now get back to work and quit dreaming of getting your grubby little hands on my D200.

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Okay, Okay, you don't have to beg, geez! I'll hold onto that D200 for you. My flowers are just beginning to bloom.
PS - I LOVE the very last pic of the bee in the yellow flower. The translucent wings are amazing.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Deb said...

Debra...your photos are just fabulous! I particularly love the one with the bug on the leaf. The clarity is wonderful and my, you are very talented. I bow to you, Photo Goddess!

Judyann said...

Okay, that's it I'm officially quitting taking photos. Those are fabulous shots! They are tack sharp and beautiful. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Chere said...

Okay, Happy Mothers (I am sure you have been called worst. Ha Ha) I am so glad that you are getting all the great camera equipment. I will not need to take pictures with you around. You go girl.