Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jamie's Birthday Surprise

Jamie's birthday is this coming Sunday, March 2nd. I can't believe my baby will be 31 years young. It seems like yesterday when she was tiny enough to fit in my arms. Jamie Elizabeth, called Peanut by her dad and me, was born with a sunny, loving disposition that has carried into her adult life. She is very thoughtful -- never missing a birthday, anniversary or any other special event. As my daughter, I couldn't ask or want for more. She is my best girlfriend and I love spending time with her. To express how much she means to me, I needed to find the perfect birthday gift. Hmmmm...what could it be? I dropped a few hints today but Jamie was unsuccessful in guessing its identity. Here are the hints I gave to her. Can you guess what it is?
  • Smaller than a bread box (does anyone still own a bread box?)
  • May be worn, but is not apparel
  • Has sentimental value
  • Is somewhat connected to scrapbooking

Here is one more...

  • An accessory that is appropriate for any setting from casual to dressy

Don't you LOVE surprises????? Are my hints accurate? Or, are they meant to throw you off? Only I (oh, and of course Pete) know for sure.

4 comments:

Chere said...

Okay Doris, I hate surprises. What is it? Was it something from her Dad? The scrapbook clue threw me off. When is she getting it? Before scrapbook club I hope. Ha! Ha! Can't wait for Jamie's birthday.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

It is being shipped via UPS ground. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it will arrive in time for her birthday (a/k/a Scrap Club day). No, it is not something from her Dad. There is nothing I enjoy more than taunting Jamie with clues! She will be so surprised!

Anonymous said...

I thought an earlier blog said that you were taking Jamie to see Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban.... so now I'm totally confused!!

Jamie Payne said...

I'm a lucky, spoiled rotten girl. Not only am I going to see Keith/Carrie, but now I'm getting another gift. I've tried guessing but the clues are not adding up for me. I've got my fingers crossed that my mystery gift arrives before my birthday...I hate suspense!