Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cotton Pickin' Fair

Fall brings the return of many family traditions. One of our annual traditions has been the Cotton Pickin' Fair in Gay, Georgia. This southern arts and crafts festival occurs twice each year - the first weekend in May and October. However, the fall event has been a family favorite for many years. I'm always amazed by how much the boys change from year to year. It seems as though they're growing before my eyes. Click here to see how much they've changed from last year when we visited the fall event of the Cotton Pickin' Fair. I always tease Ayden and tell him I'm going to put a brick on his head to keep him from growing. This always elicits a roll of his eyes and "Oh, Mimi. I'm going to grow anyway". How I wish I could keep them this way for a while.


What favorite family traditions do you enjoy? Happy fall, ya'll!

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

Yes, they have grown much since last year! I'm glad you kept them at your side, otherwise you'd have come home with two new puppies and spinning children!

Roxanne Schwandt said...

Love the pic of the sign about unattended children. Now that is just Cotton Picken' Funny!!!

Chere said...

With Marlee and Dusty so grown up, we do not have a lot of Fall traditions any more. One day when we are grandparents we will start them again. Jameson liked such a little baby last year. They are both getting so big and I see them once a month.