Monday, January 26, 2009

Interview With Country Girl

Before I went on vacation, Country Girl Kate posted her interview with a fellow blogger. She offered to interview anyone who left a comment on her blog. Here's my first ever interview. Ready? Read on.

CG: I can see from your blog that you're a photographer. When did you discover the world of photography and what was your first camera?

Yes, I am obsessed interested in photography. I’m not very good at it, but I try. My interest in photography didn’t escalate until the birth of our 4-year-old grandson. I had a camera before then – a 35mm film camera – and took pictures only on special occasions and vacations. I am a Nikon user which began with my first digital camera about 7 years ago – a Nikon 5700. I was intimidated by digital technology at first. That lasted about 7 seconds. I quickly outgrew that camera and upgraded to a Nikon 8800, followed by a D200 and my current love – a D300. Along with my DSLR came an array of lenses. I am truly hooked and am rarely caught without my camera. I shoot anything; however, our grandchildren are my favorite subjects.

CG: It's obvious you love to travel. Please tell me your all-time favorite destination and when it happened.

This is a tough question because we love to travel. Doughboy and I have been everywhere in the Caribbean but we also enjoy traveling around the U.S. We tend to travel in the west and southwest – favorite ski destinations are Vail/Beaver Creek, Colorado; Park City and Salt Lake City, Utah; Grand Targhee and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Other favorites are Albuquerque, Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe. As we get older, we prefer warm climates. Doughboy would agree that our favorite Caribbean vacation destination was Aruba - it was my daughter's high school graduation gift.

CG: What is your favorite dish?

I love all food. Look at me – can’t you tell? However, nothing beats thin crust pizza from Gino’s East (a Chicago eatery) and a cold beer. I'm a cheap date.

CG: What kind of music are you drawn to and what recording artists do you prefer?

My taste in music is very eclectic – I listen to classics (Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, Tony Bennett, Barbra Streisand), 70’s and 80’s pop, and country (Brad Paisley, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney). If I had to choose a favorite artist, it would be Keith Urban. He is sooooo HOT!

CG: What would you consider your greatest achievement to date?

This is easy - my greatest achievement is being a mom. Jamie has grown into the most beautiful woman, inside and out. She is an incredible wife, mother, friend, and daughter. She has given me three wonderful grandchildren - I am incredibly proud of her!

Do you want to be interviewed by me? C'mon - it's not that difficult. If you do, here are the directions:
  1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
  2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
  3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

See? It's that easy! I look forward to learning more about you...

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

Oh! I'd almost forgotten about this! Loved your answers, especially your greatest achievement. Are we our own worst critic, though? Because your photography is beautiful.

Beautiful!!!

Deb said...

You sell yourself short, Debra. You are a great photographer. I love your collection of wild life.

dsr524 said...

Pleaseee! I am the one taking photography classes, but you have natural talent - a true photographers eye! When we are taking pictures of the same things at lunch, my pictures are so inferior to yours.

Jamie Payne said...

Me, me, me! I want an interview...even though you already know everything there is to know about me:)